6.03.2009

Reflections From Up Above

GOODBYE GHANA! I WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!


My feet touched Ghana for the last time just a few moments ago. I feel such a sadness to close this chapter of my life. I am overwhelmed by how much I’ve seen, heard, felt and loved of this country. So many questions, many realizations about the beauty of other cultures. I have felt so joyful here-bouncing around, wanting to see it all. This is truly living. Stretching yourself, learning, asking, interacting, really being present in Ghana-eyes wide opened.

Jumping for Joy on the Cape Coast beach! L-R: Allison Spangler, Jamie Phillips, Grey Fairchild, Alyssa Bernstein, Heather Gallagher, Alyssa Dimatteo, Kim Deakins, Laresha Pope, Marcia Victor Miller.

I feel an emptiness, but a good empty-like I put all I could in this trip, remained positive and calm, and allowed myself to blend into all Ghana has. In turn, my head and heart have been refilled with a reflective and vibrant spirit I can only imagine birthing from the richness of Africa.Happily showing off my new bracelet and personalized pot from the Torgorme Village...Such a nice welcoming into Ghana....Feeling genuinely happy and at peace...
Learning how to make Shea butter from the incredible women of Sugashea Village.

So lucky am I. Such a great group of women to travel with. An entire row of seats to myself (on the plane!) and the opportunity to go to Africa. Thank you G-D for your protection, strength, humility and energy this trip. I know you’ve been here with me and for that I am grateful. I feel truly blessed.
The Whole Crew! And Professors too! Sadly saying goodbye to the coast...

All dresses/suits above were handmade by Ginatu Exclusive, our incredible dressmaker!
(Can you find me? HINT! I'm tall....)

No comments: