That's right, I've made a possibly life-changing decision and I feel a swell of emotions. I have a once in a lifetime opportunity to live with a good friend, in a safe neighborhood, without a lease, with a landlord who has known me for 10 years, and most importantly, with a clean slate.
I was talking with someone about the times in my life when I have felt the most alive and the most true to myself.
Ghana.
It was during this experience that I had an inner peace and confidence about who I was. I had to be very aware of myself within such a context. You hear people talk about finding who they are and all that hard-to-grasp bull. I thought there would this one day where I would magically understand who I am, but I realized in Ghana that it is something deeper...
It is rising up to challenges and new experiences and embracing them in a way that is unique to you. It's that moment, theses moments, and future moments where we are faced with the opportunity to show our truest form.
I have a feeling that the challenge of moving somewhere so far, so new, so big, and so different will force me to see my strengths and weaknesses and embrace the entirety of me. I can't wait to fail, and then succeed, and then fail again, and then perhaps come out on top in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment