Life moves so fast. You think you have a plan for the next five years and then BAM, some incredible life twist shows up, for better or for worse. I haven't blogged in almost two years! How is that possible? Now here I am, two jobs later, coming back to connect and reflect.
Two years.
Wow.
I am still in New York, Brooklyn to be exact. Living with the same two roommates and now a lovely beergarden across the street. I am probably 15lbs lighter than two years ago and with that comes a new sense of spirituality and humbleness. I can run 6 miles. I have read 37 books. I went to a psychic who said I will be married by next April (HAH!)
I have two best friends engaged, another one NEWLY married, one with two kids, one pregnant. Another best friend works on a very successful reality show while another is running around America promoting and growing.
My family is not the family of my childhood and early adult years, but a whole new being that will take time to adjust to. My sister is going to Hawaii for her 33rd birthday; she is getting her DPT and is working two jobs.
Next week I will be starting a new job in a whole new borough with a whole new title. It is amazing how unprepared I feel, how small and childlike I feel. And yet the world is screaming at me that I CAN DO THIS. If only we saw ourselves as others see us, right? Someday it'll sink in that I got this, that I am truly capable and that people want me. For now, my focus is on serving others; whether it is my staff, my clients, my family, or my friends. I want to be of service. I want to be compassionate, loving, firm but fair.
All we have to do is put one foot in front of the other and take the leap. First things First.
I hope to come back to this little hole in the internet and share with you as I grow, if you are interested. I also want to upload some classic pics over the last two years...but for now I'll say, here is to another Alyssa Adventure!
XOXO
1 comment:
I love hearing about all of Alyss'a Adventures, especially when they include comment boxes to reassure her that she is more than capable, better than fine, and the most compassionate that one can be.
Post a Comment