To explain, for some reason in my life I have had several layers of friends. Perhaps this is the case for a lot of people, but it just seems like in every situation I get into or pursue I find these incredible bonds and connections.
First I have childhood friends, like from age 2 on.
Then I of course have elementary school friends who turned into my middle school friends.
I have neighborhood friends, Temple friends, and United Quest soccer friends. Some people have drifted away but thanks to facebook I am in touch with a suprising amount of friends. All of these groups only brings me up to the age of 14!
Then I went on to a different high school, maintaining very close friendships with the middle school friends. My high school friends were, of course, a HUGE part, or my life and continue to be.
Then I graduate and go to IU, I have several friends from there that I have an unending connection with.
Next was Kennesaw, where I was able to refresh more friendships from middle school and head to Athens to visit my girls any chance I had.
Next was going to UGA where I met incredible people and got even closer with my girls, picked one of those boyfriend thing-a-ma-jigs and met awesome people through him.
Started working for Nuçi's and fell in love with my co-workers/interns/volunteers.
Phew, THEN I am grateful enough to have met the program coordinator (who is another forever friend) of the social work school at UGA, found my calling and fell deeply for an incredible group of future and current do-gooders.
Got an awesome internship, met more awesome social worky people. Individuals who I felt like I had known my whole LIFE.
It is overwhelming how much I love, connect, feel fulfilled and whole with all of these people as individuals. Then to combine them and call them all my friends? MY HEART BURSTS!

About my blog title, Kismet is fate, destiny, etc. I have had an abundance of signs of Kismet over the course of my decision to move to BKLYN. G-D is so good.
New news: interview on Monday for Catholic Charities! A case management position that pays a really nice amount, has a good schedule, 12 family case load...so much experience, etc. This is in addition to my interview on Tuesday with Volunteers of America to work at their homeless shelter. (We met the program director for this organization on the NJ transit 3 weeks ago!!!) The blessings just keep coming.
I passed my LMSW exam on Tuesday, got a call for a phone interview at the Fountain House (which was the very FIRST application I submitted on April 24th-I hadn't heard a PEEP from them since April 24th and they called me on Tuesday!!!)
I don't know what I did or how it is that G-D sees me as being so worthy of these gifts, but I am deeply grateful and will continue to spread love.
I am reading your signs G-D! I am following my heart with your guidance and the support of my family and the love of my wonderous friends.

40 HOURS LEFT IN GEORGIA.
No comments:
Post a Comment