First, my arrival:
I tried to explain to the cabbie over the phone that I needed some serious help with my luggage! I had one that weighed 94 lbs and one that weighed 64 lbs (yes, I paid over $200 to check my luggage- but it was still cheaper than driving it all up here!). That poundage does not include my backpack and my duffle bag. Homeboy cabbie did not understand what I was saying and I had to drag it all to him across two lanes of traffic and a median. Jerk. But the ride to MY new apt was a quick 15 minutes and I got to chat with Mrs. Larsen the whole way there :)
Then I had brunch with these beautiful people. Jordan (r) is a very best friend from GA who lives on the UWS (Upper West Side) and is just plain amazing. Rebecca (l) is a friend that I went to IU with and after 6 years apart we are reunited in park slope. Rebecca was so sweet and wandered around with me for like 2 hours helping me to discover a little bit about what Park Slope has to offer. After brunch (and before the Rebecca walk), Jessica (my roommate) and Jordan and Rebecca and I wandered around an came to the picture below.....This is Grand Army Plaza and it was BEAUTIFUL! There was a farmer's market going on too, made me super happy.
Later that night (mind you this is all after being up since 4am and going on 4 hours of sleep) I played Jenga at a bar with Jessica and Rebecca. Fun Times :)And finally, my roomie and I! Yay Jessica.
Interview today went really well, got another one tomorrow and I am continuing to apply for jobs like a mad woman.
All is swell with me, more updates soon:)
Thank you to all who have sent me such awesome and warm texts/calls of love! I owe some people call backs.


1 comment:
Can't wait to hear about the interviews, and I love that you played a game your first night there!!!
Miss you!
p.s. did you mean to put the (l) and the (r) in the opposite order for that pic of Jordan and Rebecca? :)
Post a Comment