This is just too much. I had no idea how hard it was going to be. In the moments that I am with my incredible friends I don't cry or feel sad. I feel so filled with happiness and certainty that these individuals are critical in my life and that they aren't going anywhere, no matter the miles. But as soon as I am alone in my car, the tears and emptiness come. But not for long. It takes a few moments for me to collect myself and think about how happy these people make me and how wonderful it will be to have them visit/come home and see them.
I hate that its been years since I've seen some people, and then I get to have this wonderful time with them, and then we are separated again. But I am SO blessed to be able to pick up right where I've left off. SO lucky.
I have to say, I seriously have the most amazing friends. Especially the women. Not to discount the men, but my girls rock out.
From childhood to middle school to high school to college to grad school to all those I have picked up along the way, all my girls have taught me about the woman I want to be. I want
their humor, bravery, wisdom, intelligence, drive, generosity, resilience, ability to forgive and love. I carry their uniqueness and humiltly with me. These women of my life build me up and are a part of ever fiber of my being.

Okay, I know that was intense, but I just can't begin to describe or even really understand just how lucky I am to have these women in my life.
I ain't questioning it though!
By the way, 2 more days. I'm gonna be sick
1 comment:
As thankful as you are for us, I can guarantee we are far more thankful for you. You are a one in a million kind of person, and I can speak for everyone who knows you when I say- there has never been and will never be another person in our lives like Alyssa B. Through all of your triumphs and hardships, you have come full circle to become an even more amazing, generous, unforgettable friend. We who have known you-- whether 12 months or 12 years-- are the lucky ones. Know everyday that you are missed and loved. Remember that we are separated "only in miles...not in spirit" <3
Post a Comment