9.01.2010

The First...

...of the month has arrived.
I got an update for a job, that I really would be overwhelmingly happy and challenged to have, saying that I am still in the running (yay!) and that they heard from my references and received my transcript. Just more waiting.
Lots of waiting over the past several weeks/months. UGH.
But, the day the called? That morning I had wrote in my journal about officially letting go of the decision. I was really obsessing about it, it was exhausting. It's hard not hearing from a job when it is your livelihood in their hands. In any case, I wrote that, for today, I will have faith that I have done my best with all that was in my control and I am turning it over into the Powers That Be. Or Power. You get my point:) And what happened about an hour and a half later? They called...just sayin!!

I have found my way into a great volunteer opportunity at a major hospital in NYC. I will be an "Ambassador" where I help people who enter the hospital get where the need to go. I am a big supporter of proper greetings, making people feel at ease in a new environment, etc. I think it'll be a good match. I had to have a physical (slightly high blood pressure? wtf!) and a PPD test (neg.) and a drug test (clean)...all to be a volunteer! Serious business.

OH MY GOSH...AS I AM WRITING THIS I WAS JUST OFFERED 2 POSITIONS!!!!
Wow. G-D is GREAT.

Okay, wow. I am overwhelmed...I'll update you with the decisions on Friday!

1 comment:

Kt said...

Lyss! I'm so excited for you! When we give God the control (that is already His anyway) there's so much peace, and it's amazing how He respond! Can't wait to hear what you decide. Hope you are loving NYC chica! Miss you here the old Hot-lanta, but Fall is coming!! It feels great!

Love you!