9.06.2010

My City Life (in pictures...)

Benefits of moving up north?...more time with my extended fam! Lunch in the city with Aunt Susie.


My partner in crime, Jordan. And by crime I mean eating.


On a two hour solo walking tour of Park Slope I discovered the Brooklyn Library-BEAUTIFUL!


Then I discovered the Brooklyn Museum (which was right around the corner from the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens!) The museum had this amazing water display in front that the iPhone couldn't even capture its beauty. I sat there for 45 minutes watching...seriously...!


This is MY park, Prospect Park in fact. 2 avenues away from me (a leisurely 10 minute walk), It's over 500 acres with paved and unpaved trails. On a beautiful day like this one it is PACKED with families, dogs, picnics, and frisbees.


Pebblebrook Reunion @ Jordan's apartment! (L-R) Devon, Jessica, Caitlin, Me.


Yeah, this was me carrying the box spring on my back (after carrying the mattress on my head) about 25 blocks and 2 avenues from my friend Rebecca's place back to mine. It was worth it though-$100 for a mattress, box spring and a frame?! Sweet deal.


In Treatment is an awesome HBO series about a therapist. I love it AND they were filming in MY neighborhood. When I was carrying the bedframe back to my place with Rebecca they were filming a scene and we got to be extras! I walked by Gabriel Byrne and totally whispered, "i love you!" You see signs like these all over the place. I walked by a filming of Gossip Girl and White Collar. Too bad I have never seen an episode of either show, I am sure I would have appreciated it!


Ah yes, all together at Serendipity 3-home of the $1,000 sundae (it has gold sprinkled on it!). We ate too much sugar and laughed the night away. I wish Dev would move HERE!


A sunset in Park Slope BKLYN. (Inspired by Alyssa Larsen)


Ready to cheer on the Dawgs with about 150 other alumni at our bar in Manhattan. Really missed Athens that day!


Beautiful Saturday in Union Square...wow!


Jess and I on a hammock on the Upper East Side...I reunited with an old friend who claimed to have a "secret garden" at his apartment. The things people say to get two ladies on their hammock, huh?


Sunset over Manhattan from Jersey City...


Labor Day @ Brighton Beach (I had to ignore the smell of weed and the needle we saw in the sand near the playground...yeah I didn't go in the water-yipes!)


And finally, I don't know if you can see it...that 4 inch bruise beginning on my leg, just past my knee is due to texting and walking. I crashed right into a fenced in flower bed and FACE PLANTED into the flower bed! I was mortified! I have a bruised forearm and ankle as well, not to mention the biggest bruise-my ego! The people I was with laughed, thats for sure.


Hope you enjoyed this post! You all deserved it after all my wordy nonsense in the previous entries...Love and Hugs!

1 comment:

Katie said...

LOVE all the pics Lyss!!! Congrats on the job. I can't wait to visit!!! Um.... why am I not on your blogs you follow list!?!? :) jk Love you!