I have been thinking about the concept of THREE weeks and how with each day bringing me closer to departure, those weeks seem to sound like years.
I am lucky to have some truly special people in my life and I just want to pack them up with me at take them to Ghana (thankfully I'll have a few dear friends with me, but I would love even more).
I want to take this entry to give a big hug to those people and let you all meet each other...see below! (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!!!)
The parentals (circa 2005 or so? Jersey Shore!)....I am REALLY REALLY gonna miss you :( I promise to come back alive, safe, healthy, and with some awesome treats in tow. I wish I could talk to you guys as much as possible, but it doesn't sound like my wish will come true. Please know you will be on my mind all the time. Love you both...unconditionally!

I know that with all of the beautiful art I will see and amazing souls I will meet...I'm gonna be thinking of this incredibly special person...my Pangie! (Objects in the picture are not accurate portrayals of the actual person).
Bottom row, second from left will be joining me in Ghana (her name is pretty awesome too...Alyssa!), but everyone else will be on my mind when I am trying some Ghanian beer and dancing with the locals. Love you guys!

My ridiculously attractive co-workers...Andria and Katie...I will so so miss you both, please plan on being in ATH as much as possible when I get back, there are rags to by swung, swagger to be turned on, and EEEEHAYs to be expressed. You gals are amazing.
We have always talked about traveling far and wide together...I wish I could take you with me Jordan! But I promise we have bigger and better and...in your words...more EPIC adventures ahead. I miss you :(
Ummm, DUH! I will miss my sister so terribly much, especially since my last major trek was with her (CALIFORNIA 2006 FOREVER). She is my better half and I know the Ghanian men will be sad she can't join me. Love you JBub!
Three weeks! We can do it MJD! Summer # 3 for us will be waiting when I get back. I am missing you already:( Love youuuuuuu.
My Tionya...my laughing buddy, study buddy, and all around dear friend. I will miss you girl! I will be in ATH all summer, so even if you are in class, there will be tequila sunrises in our future :)
The BFF Clique...we need to do another reunion this summer...make it happen. Sigh-you guys totally have my heart-wish you were coming with me, but I will have you there in spirit, don't you worry!

JAMCLK...you girls be good and have a fun/safe may! I am always thinking of you <3
This doesn't have everyone, but its pretty symbolic of all the do-gooder kids (aka social workers and their loved ones) who I will miss while away and who may be gone over the summer. Love you guys...terribly!
My future roomies...sigh...I am really gonna miss you two. Take good care of each other and get excited about all of the fun to come. You guys mean the world to me!!
As much as this picture makes me smile...it also makes me so terribly sad! Three weeks away?? Can I do it? Can I get through three weeks without ya'lls giggles, humor, kind hearts, and big hugs? I sure hope so...I can't wait for the rest of the summer with these two!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am pretty positive I missed some people, I am so sorry! But know that it probably because I don't have a really good picture of you or because I need to get back to writing my paper...Leave me a comment yelling at me and I will certainly reply with reassurance about how special you still are to me <3




2 comments:
I'M YELLING AT YOU!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! P.S. I'll still miss you even though you left me out of the pictures...
hahah...I am on it girl...how could i forget you. Please don't get too tan without me this summer! (oh wait, too late!)
Post a Comment