5.10.2009

Thank You...

Boy do I owe a huge THANK YOU hug to some kind people who have made my trip possible so far...
Thank you to everyone who has helped to send me off with all of their love and well wishes...My mom's friends (Alice, Martha, Carol, Karen...), my family here in GA (especially my awesome party-planning sister!!) and those up in PA and NJ...Your support has made this process so much easier.
Today was a lovely Mother's Day...filled with a lazy morning, poolside nap, mommy-daughter chatting, BACKPACK BUYING, and of course...Longhorn dinner. Longhorn still isn't the same without our grandmas though:(
Jen, my sister, helped me purchase my first ever serious backpack (see above!), it is really awesome and I can't wait to pack it up and put it to full use.
Mom has helped me collect some awesome things to bring with me and hang out to the generous people in Ghana who help me along the way (ie: games, bubbles, pencils, pens, etc).

I have to wake up at 4am this morning to take my first malaria pill...this trip is SO CLOSE!

No comments: