5.04.2009

Packing Woes

Some days I feel like this whole packing for Africa thing is gonna be easy as pie (is pie easy? I suppose you just follow a recipe? moving on....), and then other days/nights I begin to panic about forgetting an unforgettable item (ie: money, credit card, passport, underwear, skip bo , etc). I know I should just listen to my mom's advice (make a list! you'll get it done!), and all will be well, but I am a worrier, what can I say?

I kinda get excited by the idea of packing LIGHT. They advised us to only bring clothes for a week! I plan on bringing really light clothes (supposedly its hot near the equator, who knew??? kidding...), and nothing fancy. I want to bring a lot of things to give to the people I meet. Which brings me to involving YOU in my packing!

If you have any old jeans, jewlery, t-shirts with logos, hats with logos, shoes, etc that you want to bring to me before May 9th (in athens) or May 11th (in Marietta), than PLEASE do! I'll promise you that I will take a picture of the person I give your donation to...a little thank you/souvenir! 

Let me know if you are interested in donating!

Also, Alyssa D. is probably going to be the most thorough traveling partner ever, thank goodness for her! She informed me today that we will get to watch the following movies on the plane (to and from):

I am not sure how in the mood that will get me for Africa, but it looks like my lack of free time to see movies has paid off---I haven't seen any of these!!! yay!

Any tips on how to make the time "fly" on the plane? I don't really remember what I did on my way to Israel (12 hour flight), so I am opened to some fun ideas.


Yours,
Alyssa

No comments: